Welcome... Finally

By 3:06 PM

After cutting, styling and coloring my friends' hair; giving skincare advice to men and women; advising girlfriends on makeup brands, as well as doing their makeup; and helping style friends and family members, I have finally started a fashion and beauty blog!

I did prom hair and makeup for these lovely ladies in May.

First, I would just like to put this disclaimer out there: I am not a "professional." I'm a regular working girl who just happens to really love all things fashion and beauty and decided it was time to share. I bargain shop, DIY my hair (cut, color, style) and makeup, and love being creative with clothes and colors.

I think everyone should feel confident in who they are, both in their physical appearance and who they are underneath. That said, a little bit of confidence boosting style goes a long way. Growing up, I never thought of myself as anything more than average, and never cared about the way I dressed until sometime after college. Before college, I didn't know how to dress, and during college I dressed like a boy (t-shirt, jeans, Adidas sandals every day).

Since then, I've developed my own style; sometimes it's a little quirky and random, other times I play it safe. I get lots of complements on the looks I pull together, so on occasion I must be doing something right. I've also spent many years playing with makeup and hair products (something I like to think I got a handle on quicker than clothing), attempting to master my ever-changing locks and unclassifiable skin.

"Modeling" a nautical look I pulled together. Sweater: Express / Top: Target / Necklace: Forever 21

In the end, I think I have some things to share with you, and I would feel honored if you followed my blog and gave feedback. The best thing about fashion and beauty is being able to share tips and insight with friends. So consider this your official invite to join me in this endeavor.

You Might Also Like

0 comments